Picking up where I left off, I did try some sewing for my Pullip, who also informed me that her name is Penny and she is a Plucky Girl Reporter. I may or may not have been slightly influenced by seeing "Tintin" at the movies right after she arrived.

This purple-and-black striped fabric had been sitting in my stash for ages, then I finally cut into it. I made an AG skirt, this dress, and an AG dress all at once.

The colors look sooo good with her hair. Meant to be, I tell you.

And a shot without flash. She has the cutest face.
It was also Secret Snarkster time at AG>18. First, I gave this:

A holiday dress and jacket. The fabric was a remnant-bin find, this lovely dark blue satiny stuff. The pattern was a download from BunnyBear.com - the 1940's Sweetheart Dress, with some alterations made for a sleeveless bodice.

I normally get squirrely about the prices of online patterns - it seems silly to pay $4-10 for one outfit pattern, when JoAnn Fabrics has regular sales and I can get a Simplicity or McCall's pattern for multiple pieces, for $1-2. I will say that this BunnyBear pattern was worth it - that dress came together in no time at all, it fits like a glove, and it lays so perfectly.

The jacket has made from a simple bodice pattern, and altered a bit to get the front curve. I ended up doing a double-layer jacket with lining, just so I didn't have to bother with hemming everything.

A simple necklace with a snowflake charm adds a little something.
As for receiving, my Snarkster sent me:

Addy's birthday dress! I love this dress to bits. After being kind of disappointed in her Christmas dress (despite being Pleasant Company, the skirt seemed pretty short and skimpy, not full at all) this was a great surprise. It fits Addy 2 wonderfully, even though she's PM and chubby.

The skirt is really full - much more so than the Christmas dress - and the snood is great for hiding Addy 2's...well-loved hair, we'll put it that way. :D
I also received the Two-Tone glasses...and immediately had a moment of "uh-oh". I'd added them to my wishlist for a doll idea that didn't pan out, and had forgotten they were there.
But wait! Penny, Plucky Girl Reporter, to the rescue!

They're a little big, but cute as can be. :D
Coming up soon: Saturday Crafternoon Adventures presents: make your own AG pets! Also, why I love and hate the Disney Store and their dolls, Felicity gets her Windsor Chair, and AG's Crazy-Long Backorders.
Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
AGGHHH!!! Felcity gets a WINDSOR chair?!?! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D I wonder what it'll look like... ?
I'm really excited! :) And Penny looks ADORABLE in that dress! The fabric really DOES seem to be made for her! ;D
~Miranda
Hee, Miranda, it's just her writing chair that's been retired; I managed to hunt one down on eBay.
That fabric is seriously the best. I have an AG-sized dress made with it, I just need to prod myself into putting the Velcro on already. :D
Post a Comment