Anyway. ANYWAY. This post is not about that. This post is for squee.
(Also, I do want to say that I haven't been avoiding Blogger; work is a wee bit crazy, and most nights I don't get far beyond "stare at the internet", let alone editing pictures and writing up commentary.)
In that last post, I mentioned that I got a new job. I've been there a little over two months now; it seems to be going well. At any rate, I'm being useful, my coworkers and supervisors are Good Sorts, and my monthly income has more than doubled.
(Considering that my job is pretty entry-level, you can infer how terribly I was paid at my last job. Did you guys know there's a magical thing called a...salary?)
I had sworn to myself, ages ago, that as soon as I found a better position, I would treat myself to a Brand New Doll. And I did. My very first collector-quality, bought-by-myself, never-owned-by-anyone-else doll.
I was introduced to Pullips by the lovely folks at both AGPT and AG>18, and fell in love with their sweet, slightly coy faces, and their posable bodies. Long before I had any spare money to spend on a Pullip, I spent hours at pullipstyle.com, picking out which one I liked best, and Kaela was the winner. (It was actually a tossup between Kaela and Celsiy, but Celsiy solved that by selling out.)
Here's what Kaela (she will not keep that name, but I haven't thought of a suitable new one yet) looks like with other similar-scale dolls:

From left, a Liv Sophie, Disney Store Rapunzel, Pullip Kaela, and Monster High Lagoona. Kaela's pretty much the same size as a Barbie, but her proportions are much more like a Blythe doll, but much sweeter-looking and more posable.
Close up of her sweet face:

And sans hat:

Her wig is pretty thin, to be honest - it doesn't take much to expose the eye mechanism underneath - but I love the dark purple color, and the bob cut.

The eye mechanism is my favorite thing about Pullips. See, there's three knobs in the back - one for controlling eye direction:


(This freaked my husband out so. much.)
And two for controlling the eyelids:

And yes, the lids move independently of each other:

I also love her outfit and accessories - and after I got a good look at them, I can see why Pullips go for so much cashmoney. American Girl could stand to take a few notes here.
That jacket is lined in the bodice...

With tiny patch pockets on it and the pants:

Tiny FUNCTIONAL patch pockets, mind you:

Her accessories:

Her bag opens up, and can stash quite a bit of stuff:

And those are laces on the boots.

Of course, being the same size as a Barbie means lots of CHEAP CLOTHING OPTIONS!
Like this Liv outfit:

Or these Moxie Girlz pajamas:

Or even stealing Rapunzel's dress to princess it up:

I thought it hilarious that she fits in Disney Store Rapunzel's dress, and Toddler Rapunzel's crown:

And a hodgepodge of various clothing:

Soooo, that's Pullip Kaela! Between her posing and her ability to fit into so much clothing, she is a ridiculous amount of fun. I would someday like to get another Pullip and customize her into the Brunette Rapunzel that Disney will never make. I will say, if you're interested at all in getting a Pullip, Pullip Style seems to be the retailer of choice. They have the best prices I've seen (Kaela, being a 2009 release, was $84), cheap standard shipping, and quick service.
In the next entry...the annual AG>18 Secret Snarkster Swap, and sewing for Kaela!
2 comments:
... And, if for some reason, you don't believe Jen about saying PullipStyle is AMAZING, I agree with her! The prices for the doll AND shipping are AWESOME, and they're SERIOUSLY hard to beat.! :D
~Miranda
What a fun post! I've been curious about the Pullip dolls and how their eye mechanism works. I don't think I need to branch into another line of dolls (I can just SEE the expression on my hubby's face if I tried to explain that one! LOL), but it's fun to see pictures. I love how she is so versatile with her outfit choices.
By the way, there is supposed to be a mini brunette wedding Rapunzel doll being released at the Disney store. Of course, annoyingly, the full-sized wedding Rapunzel still has yellow hair (what's up with that?). Here's a link to the pictures I found on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68105287@N03/6654689161/
Sadly, Eugene's head is a little big for his body, and I have no clue why Mother Gothel is there, but at least they made a brunette Rapunzel!! I am so getting this set when it comes out. I had some ideas for the Mother Gothel doll for my Belle's Bulletin's blog, too. ;)
Post a Comment