Saturday, July 30, 2011

Christmas in July!

It's Christmas in July here at Casa Nachos! At least, that's what it feels like, with no less than four packages of doll stuff arriving in the past week!

Are you prepared for squee? Cause here it comes.



Our first arrival was from Liz of LizzieBee Designs on Etsy, who graciously picked up some things for me at the annual MCM sale:



The PWP Sweater Coat set and the Star Hoodie Outfit (which also came with pink undies).

After trying the Star Hoodie on two dolls, I can see why AG went with the much simpler Real Me outfit for the new MyAG meet outfit. Trying to get that hoodie on was an exercise in logistics - especially with Sunny, who is PM and built like a linebacker!

Then I had a package from Wren from AG>18, who swapped me some handmade doll goods in return for two drawings:



This beautiful fashion scarf (as I'd been lamenting my lack of knitting skill) and this ADORABLE felt dragon!

For those who are interested, here are some pictures of what I gave her:




She asked for one drawing of her three modern AG girls, and one of Sparrow, her PukiFee. These are in-progress shots - I never did get good pictures of the final products!

I got a bit of a surprise yesterday, when I saw my last package from the Pay It Forward swap had arrived! LJ user "andthemoon" sent me this lovely crochet newsboy cap for Lucy, along with a surprise rainbow-bead bracelet!



Lucy, Sunny, and Robin set to work diving the goods among themselves:



Robin took the leggings from the Star Hoodie ("Now I can kick people without flashing them!"), the dragon ("His name is TROGDOR! Burninating the countryside!") and the rainbow bracelet ("Let's face it, I'm least likely to get crap about a rainbow bracelet - if anyone has an issue with some Pride gear, they can have an issue with MY BOOT.")



She insisted on taking Trogdor for walkies. I swear, her character just writes itself sometimes.



Lucy took the sweater coat, the scarf, and the blue hat. The hat is so perfect for her. When I tried it on her, I got the same feeling I got when I first put on her glasses - that she'd been somehow incomplete until then!



She's also wearing the headband from the Star Hoodie, which I simply neglected to take off. :D Between newsboy caps and unnecessary scarves, she is almost completely my mini-me now.



Sunny (who is looking - and feeling - much better after a baking soda scrub) took the Star Hoodie shirt and shoes. She originally had the hat from the Sweater Coat set, but decided the purple beret from the Photographer outfit was more her thing. (Can I say how happy I am that I have one doll who likes that beret?)

And if that wasn't enough...AG's Last Chance sale had the Hanukkah gift set on clearance. As I plan on someday having a modern Rebecca, I thought I'd pick up the set while it was only $5.



A metal menorah, gift box, candles, drawstring bag, six gelt coins, a dreidel, and a bracelet with a wee Star of David charm. I like that everything besides the menorah fits into the box, considering how tiny everything is. It's all well-made. and now I just have to save up for the day when Becks finally joins the crew. :D

And, since I felt kind of silly placing an AG order for only $5 (this is how they trap you, folks!), I also picked up Addy's Lace-Up Boots:



After reading reviews about tightness on AGPT, I thought I was going to have issues getting these on PM Addy's feet - but no worries, just a lot of lace-loosening and a bit of tugging needed!



The off-white color looks lovely with her green dress, and she's happy to have boots that aren't miniature Doc Martens.



And lest you think Felicity is neglected, I used a JoAnn's coupon to pick up some lovely fabric to make her work dress! I am slowly working my way toward a complete Felicity wardrobe.

And now, off to bed before my eyes cross from staring at all this HTML!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your artwork is AMAZING! And glad to hear we are not the only ones who struggled with the star hoodie...yikes!

Jen said...

Jennifer - Thank you so much! I wish I'd managed to get nicer pictures of the finished art, but I wanted to get it sent out ASAP!

As for the Star Hoodie...I feel bad for the poor AG factory workers who had to put those things on loads of dolls! (Maybe they attached the head after the shirt was on, that'd speed things up a bit!)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

What fun goodies! Your artwork is wonderful, too. :)

And my Star Hoodie drives me crazy!! I'm so glad that's not part of the meet outfit anymore. It's really a shame, because it's so cute.

claire said...

omg i want the dragon!!!!