
Lucy-as-Elizabeth has her finished yellow gown! I managed to sew the bodice and skirt together in a way that preserved the pointed waistline, and the pattern is vastly improved with fabric ruffles instead of lace trim. This gown had a secondary purpose - not only does my "not perfect but I don't need another doll" Elizabeth have a canon gown, I now have completed a test run of the alterations to 3627D and can confidently start Felicity's pink birthday gown.

The fabric was a golden-on-pale yellow vine print; I didn't have the time or money to be going off fabric-hunting, and I had two fat quarters in a bundle that weren't going to be used for anything else.

Next up, a quickie mob cap, because Felicity isn't too pleased about Elizabeth stealing her cap!
2 comments:
Jen, it turned out so cute! She looks perfect...you make me wish I could sew, too. :) I know you just used the fabric you had on hand, but I love the color! It looks great on Lucy/Elizabeth. :P I can't wait to see how Felicity's birthday gown turns out.
Thank you! I'm quite pleased with how the alterations turned out - most of Felicity and book!Elizabeth's gowns seem to be variations on this design, so I foresee lots of potential dresses in the future!
Also, sewing isn't hard to pick up, and if you play it right, you don't even have to lay out a lot of money to start. I do all my work on a Janome Sew Mini (often on sale for $40 at Hancock Fabrics), and most of my fabric is rooted out of remnant bins. You should give it a try!
Post a Comment