...ookay, that's enough of that.
Anyway, I've been doing a lot of non-sewing crafty stuffs lately (mostly as a distraction from the sloooow going of Elizabeth's mob cap), and thought I'd throw some pics up.

Beadwork!
I like working with beads, and - well, is it just me, or are beads nowadays way nicer and prettier than they were when I was small? All I know is, I have to keep myself from walking down the bead aisles at craft stores, lest I have an Ooh Shiny Moment.

Okay, this one was a no-guilter. The silver beads came from a necklace that had broken; the green beads (big and small) came from a bracelet that I happened to find in a parking lot. (Not kidding. It was lying on the pavement next to my front tire.)

A replica of Felicity's coral-bead necklace, made with a Bead Gallery strand from Michael's. (After taking a closer look at the tag, these beads are actually coral. And now I feel bad for buying them, 'cause coral is in enough trouble without people taking it for beads.)

And now, homemade beads! Green and white Sculpey, mixed together just enough to get the pretty swirly pattern.

More of the beads. The silver ones are the same as Necklace #1.

And on my pasty pale neck. (Unlike the previous two, this necklace is for me and not the dolls.)

I decided to cobble together a school set for Felicity and Elizabeth.

The "needlework" is just a scrap of cotton, with my smallest needle and red thread. The lace handkerchief is the inner circle from Lucy's blue circle skirt - folded up like that, it fits nicely into a doll hand.

The copybook and notepaper are cut from a sheet of fine resume paper. The outside of the copybook is made from a piece of stationery paper; I ran the spine of the book through the sewing machine to secure the pages.
The feathers are found - my neighbor keeps a popular bird feeder. (Yes, I washed them well.) The inkwell is Sculpey, painted with acrylic paint and coated with clear nail polish to give it a faux-ceramic shine.

I also made some Sculpey sushi rolls, but they are waaay out of scale.

Up next, a kimono tunic from BeanBunny's guide, with this lovely sage-green cotton from the remnant bin!
And now, off to avoid AGPT for the rest of the day. I'm fond of pirates, and like pirate lingo in moderation; an entire message board of generated pirate lingo is a bit much.
No comments:
Post a Comment