Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Liv Recipe

To start, take one pretty-friggin'-ugly "Liv'n Glitz" prom dress:






First, ditch the fairly tacky gold shoes and accessories:



Next, turn the dress inside out, and judiciously apply the business end of a seam ripper, to rid the dress of that seriously tacky gold sash and bow:



Grab a pair of ballet slippers and a craft-store-rose wreath from your Childhood Barbie Relics:



Congratulations! You have now turned a pretty-friggin'-ugly prom dress into a rather pretty ballet dress:



Serve fresh, to one Liv doll who has been patiently waiting for a decent ballet outfit ever since you discovered her full range of poseabliity!

In more Liv news, Target finally dropped the online price of the first-wave Sophies to $9.99! I don't have much interest in Sophie beyond her glasses, so the doll herself will be gracing The Kid's Christmas stocking (and Katie can stop ending up in contortionist poses underneath a small bed).

In AG news...well, I actually haven't been doing much. I was working on the green kimono tunic, which looks pretty in this picture:



...but that picture doesn't show how much of the fabric has separated from the ribbon trim, or the fact that I got so frustrated that I didn't bother applying Velcro, and it's held on by a few pins.

...Yeah. Starting over on that one.

1 comment:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Good to hear from you, Jen. :) The ballet dress looks great...sorry about your frustration with the kimono tunic! :}