
Made with McCall's 3900 (just like Eva's khakis) with a LOT of hand basting to ensure a good fit. This is the first time I've used 3900 for its intended AG-sized purpose, and it makes a very baggy pair of pants. It's a very easy pattern to follow, but I can't stress enough how important it is to do lots of in-progress fittings!
(I did try to do a bit of detail stitching on Lucy's jeans, with middling results.)
In smaller-doll news, I found the "Liv'n Rock" outfit at Target tonight (after eyeing the "out of stock" notice on the Target website for a few weeks), and tried it on Katie Jo:

It consists of flared jeans, a layered Union Jack tee, strappy heels, a black purse, hoop earrings and "studded" bracelet (still in the package).

The good: The t-shirt is cute, and definitely fits Katie Jo's style. The jeans are a nice basic, with only a faux chain for embellishment; they'll go nicely with any number of tops.

The Bad #1: Fraying sleeve hems, which catch on the loose fingers like crazy.
The Bad #2: The crazy-annoying Liv packaging. I really didn't need a plastic half-mannequin, Spin Master. (I will admit that the half-mannequin head that came with Katie's pink wig comes in handy for holding her spare wig.)

The Bad #3, or the Big Bad: Holy skank jeans, Batman! These baaaarely fit over Katie's posterior when she's standing, and when she bends...

I know Liv isn't exactly aiming for the Wholesome Youngster market that AG is, but would it hurt to have jeans that don't expose all?

After breaking out the accessories and ditching Katie's wig. (As usual, she looks 192183x better without it.) The bracelet is a bit too big to stay on her wrist, but makes a great choker. The earrings are somewhat bendy, but look good with the pixie cut. (The gold scarf is a relic from my childhood Barbie collection).
In all, a B- outfit, mostly marked down for the skanky jeans that limit pose options.
No comments:
Post a Comment