Sunday, August 29, 2010

Felicity Love Post

To echo what every AG forum and blog has been saying, Felicity and Elizabeth are next up for retirement.

Man, it's the end of an era. As a kid, I had admired Samantha, but Felicity's arrival took things from "ooh pretty" to "OMG WANT". A red-haired, green-eyed doll (I was a huge fan of Disney's "The Little Mermaid"), with the prettiest dresses in the Pleasant Company catalog. I needed that doll.

(And yes, my preference for AG dolls was determined by who had the prettiest clothing. Poor Molly never had a chance, especially as she was a dead ringer for kiddie!me.)

I tried to make do with the Felicity paper doll, or an Ariel doll in long dresses, but I was the happiest girl on earth that Christmas morning when I slid the burgundy band off that white box and found my very own Lissie waiting inside.

And so, while I have my Lissie, and nothing remains of her available items that I want, I still feed sad. I guess I always assumed there would be a Felicity in the AG catalog for my daughter to admire someday; it's strange to think that won't be.

Anyway, enough navel-gazing. It's photo time! Needless to say, the past few days have been All Lissie, All the Time in Casa Nachos.





Anyone who says this isn't the most gorgeous dress AG's made is kidding themselves. My 8-year-old self was blown away when I saw it. I still wish I had a human-sized version.







Robin and Lucy help pay tribute to the awesome colonial threads.



I couldn't help noticing how lovely Lucy looked in the Rose Garden gown, so she is now doing double duty as Old School Brunette!Elizabeth.



(Eva and Robin are feeling a bit like chopped liver, as Lissie and Lucy/Elizabeth take center stage on the display area.)



...and off, to further adventures.

This is making me want to start work on all my remaining Felicity projects RIGHT NOW...and add Elizabeth's yellow dress from the books, for Lucy's new role. For now, though, I'm stepping away from the internet, before the review boards on AGPT tempt me into buying a New School Blonde!Elizabeth. (She wouldn't remain Elizabeth, but holy smokes, what a gorgeous doll!)

No comments: