Saturday, August 14, 2010

Felicity's Laced Jacket & Petticoat

Behold, it is finished!

Actually, it's been finished for a week now; I've just been busy bragging about it on LJ and AGPT instead of here. Heh.





And here it is!



Better lighting, but the skirt isn't hanging as nicely. I put an Anachronistic Petticoat underneath it later, to help it keep the pretty fullness.



The red ribbon on her cap was meant to lace her jacket, but was too wide. Hence the ugly yellow stand-in, until I get to Michael's.



I thought I was just being lazy when I neglected to change threads for sewing the lining and ruffles. Turns out, the contrast stitching is a nice way to keep the stark white ruffles from standing out too much. Lends a nice unity to the jacket. There's probably a more elegant way of saying that, but my years of art-school critiques are failing me at the moment.

So, super proud of this outfit. It's the first thing I've sewn for Felicity that really, truly looks good on her. Needless to say, she's been wearing it nonstop, and will continue to do so until I start work on her birthday gown.

In other squeeworthy news...If all goes well, I may be getting a Jess off Craigslist tomorrow. JESS! I was planning on acquiring a #40 someday - and was trying to slow down on the doll-buying - but this Jess was at too good a price to pass up. Wish me luck!

No comments: