Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Self-Indulgent Pictures: Workspace Tour!

Okay, internet: next time I even think about a project with pleats, smack me. Argh, pleats!

Since Real Life has been interfering with my ability to finish things (protip: shingles is not a happy disease), here's Completely Indulgent Picspam Time, Part Two: Electric Bugaloo Workspace Tour Edition!


I love seeing how other people organize their crafting space, so now I'm inflicting my space on you. My space consists of one thrift-store table in the corner of my bedroom, with varying levels of mess:



The table, after a fresh cleaning. The shelves are a flatpacked shelving unit from Target, reclaimed after The Kid's book collection became far too big for such a small storage space.





The ribbon is stacked on an old paintbrush, shoved into a hole in the particle board.







At the moment, the table is completely covered in pattern pieces, waiting to be sewn. The space underneath the table is packed with boxes of art and art supplies (listen up, kids: don't be an art major if you don't have a ton of space) my wee fabric stash, and the ever-important trash can.



Lastly, Felicity, trying on her pieces of her petticoat. I decided to fudge the pleat markings on the pattern - a bit of halfassing that's hardly professional, but at least the skirt isn't far too big for the waistband.

Also, I am very glad I found a lint roller in the bathroom cabinet, because this fabric is showing every cat hair that comes near it!

No comments: