Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To The Rescue (...part 1?)

So, I spent Easter at my parents', and while there, made good on a promise to my sister. She got an Addy the same Christmas I got Felicity, and poor Addy's been moldering away on a high shelf with a truly atrocious hairstyle. When I realised the wonders of braid spray, I offered to do what I could for Addy's neglected hair.

Yikes.




This is Addy, moldering away on her shelf. It's not apparent in the picture, but her legs are being used as hanging pegs for Mardi Gras beads and medals.



The dust!



The dust!



The DUST. I'm sure you can imagine the expression on my face.



During the painstaking work of taking out the mini-braids.



I was so afraid her hair was going to start breaking under my fingers, it was that dry and brittle.



In the sink for a good wash and soak! I employed my mom's rice-filled heat pads for help in holding her down.



Drying out after the wash, a Downy Dunk, and a liberal application of braid spray.

It's not perfect - she could really use an overnight Downy Dunk and several hours' worth of careful brushing and styling - but far better than I found her (and with clean skin and clothing, too!)

I'll see her again this weekend, so hopefully she's not been forgotten again! We'll see if this post gets a Part 2...

No comments: