But I did get to finally meet my second brother’s new son, so adorable chubby ginger baby makes the rest worth it.
My Christmas haul was fairly small (and I think I may have finally reached the age where I’ve stopped caring), and there was only one doll item! But it was a doozy, so I present to you…
Taeyang Tantus, soon to be Wizard Howl v. 2.0.
After struggling with Howl v.1, I finally admitted defeat and realized that it would take work far outside my abilities to make the doll match what I was imagining. So I went searching – for clothing, at first – and stumbled upon Tantus on PullipStyle. After some browsing of pictures, I realized that it would be easier just to make Tantus into Howl. He has the unnaturally-yellow-blond hair, a less severe faceup than Howl v.1, and (most importantly) a lovely blue brocade suit of clothes, with lacy cuffs, puffy cravat, and a fairly ridiculous hat. (He's also reasonably priced, at $65 on PullipStyle.)
His stock picture on the back. DAT HAT.
Deboxing. I am already in love with his clothing.
His hair is slightly different from the stock photo – instead of hanging down straight, it’s slightly crimped at the ends. I’m going to see if I can coax it into neater curls.
Prepping him for customizing (on my icky stained ironing board) – an eyeswap to green, and he’ll get Howl v.1’s Obitsu Slim body.
His coat is tacked shut, and needed some seam ripper work to open.
Once again, Pullip lives up to my expectations on clothing. The coat is fully lined, aside from sleeves.
This coat is awesome. I want one for myself.
Under the coat, he has his frilly shirt and cravat, pants, vest, and cummerbund.
The vest closes with tiny hook-and-eye closures. And, at the risk of overstating my love of Pullip clothes, it is a full vest – not just a false front, like a lot of 1/6-scale tuxedo vests. I am fond of the “shirtsleeves” look (dress shirt with vest/waistcoat, no jacket), and having a full vest is necessary to pull it off!
The shirt front has itty-bitty seed-bead buttons.
The cravat is a separate piece, and closes with a snap.
Doll transplants are all done, and Howl has his green eyes and Obitsu body. Taeyang clothes are slightly too big on the Obitsu Slim Male body – the shirt sleeves hang over his hands, and his pants and cummerbund are both too wide in the waist. It’s hard to tell when he’s in a stand, so I’m rolling with it.
(Speaking of stands…the Tantus stock stand SPARKLES. It’s midnight blue and glittery. It’s so perfect.)
More Howl...
And, of course, Howl is off having a field day among all the pretty ladies of Team Pullip...
…Until he meets the only girl who’s completely immune to his charms. It’s hard to dazzle a girl with your beauty and fashion when she’s blind, a tomboy, and likely to earthbend you face-first into a wall if you annoy her!
Toph's work here is done.



















No comments:
Post a Comment