Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Looking Up!

I hope you have all had happy winter-solstice-based holidays of your preference, and good starts to your New Year!

I’ve been neglecting the dolls and craftiness since November. What with losing a job I really, really liked, and starting a job I am not as fond of, coupled with the normal stress of the holidays and the onset of actual winter, I slid into a mild depressive state. I also kept forgetting to get one of my thyroid prescriptions refilled – keep your meds in check, folks! – and the resulting hormonal imbalance did not help matters in the slightest. There was just this constant, awful feeling that nothing in my life was under control, and I was clinging on by my fingertips until something finally gave.

But my meds are refilled, my hormones are in balance, the holidays have passed, Christmas was enjoyable, and while I still don’t really like my new job, I’m not constantly feeling like I’m going to burst into tears at my desk.

Oh, and look! The temperatures are above zero. That’s a nice change.

Sum total of this post is, I do have fun things to talk about, and will be doing so in the next week! I have posts about the AG Cyber Monday offerings, Christmas fun, some miscellaneous crafts, and more Pullip customization.

Hitting it Off

The two newest additions to the team have really hit it off. A bit too literally at times.

2 comments:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

So good to hear from you, Jen! :) I can't wait for your doll posts. :D

Love Howl's jacket, by the way. Who is the other character?

Jen said...

Aw, thanks! I've got the posts written out, it's just a matter of photo editing and getting everything where it needs to be. :D

Howl's clothes are great - he's actually an entirely different Taeyang (Tantus), and that's the stock outfit. The other character is Toph Bei Fong from "Avatar: The Last Airbender"...she's the topic of my first catch-up post!