(I love that I have a family where I can run out of the Dollcave into the hallway, yell "VICTORY SCREECH!", and everyone else in this house will throw their hands in the air and yell OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.
Yes, I am in fact 12 years old, and always will be.)
Anyway. IT IS FINISHED.
Sorry for the awkward photo - the back of the Cave door is literally the only clean place in the room.
Some details:
More dyed Venice lace on the sleeves.
The non-functional buttons on the jacket back panel. They're glued on - it was the very last step.
I'm still working on the accessories. Here's the pan:
I had the pan coated in gesso and painted black. I asked my husband his opinion. He stared for a moment and said, "it's...okay."
Talk about damning with faint praise, huh?
When I pressed him, he hemmed and hawed, and finally said "It looks cheap. It's obviously just painted cardboard."
(Dear, I was an art student, I can take criticism.)
So off I went to Michael's with a 40%-off coupon in hand, and came back with this:
The pan in the picture had just recieved a healthy coating of this acrylic texture gel. I don't have a picture, but it's had another coat of black paint, and now it's looking properly nubbly and textured. I might give it a coat of Mod Podge just to seal it all up, but it's mostly finished!
Also, a search of Etsy yielded these:
And lest you think I'm done sewing, I have this hanging on the other door:
The outer shell and lining of the Queen Elinor dress. I realized too late that I had reversed the color in my mind - her outer dress is supposed to be lighter, with darker lining and undersleeves - but I decided to roll with it anyway. This dress has been bananas to sew - so much fabric! - I hope I can do justice to all the pretty fabric.
And now it is late and I have had a terribly stressful week at work, and the company picnic is tomorrow (!), so I should sleep. Hopefully I can get some action shots of the Rapunzel dress on me, rather than a hanger!









No comments:
Post a Comment