First, I'm clearing out a few doll-related odds and ends on AGPT, to help free up space and finance costume stuff. Sale thread is here.
Next, the Rapunzel dress is 95% complete. I am now in the arduous process of attaching the lace appliques to the skirt, which means that every night this past week, I have been sitting in front of the Dollcave's closet door (where the dress is hanging), hand-stitching away while listening to Pandora.
(Pandora likes to rickroll me while I'm trying to untangle knots. It's slightly evil.)
This is a shot from earlier this week:
The lace now extends about 1/3 of the way around on each side. I'm nervously eyeing my stock of appliques and hoping I have enough!
And, just so I can say "I knew these skills would come in handy", I have successfully worked on office clothing. See, a while back I bought this skirt from the Prabal Gurung for Target line:
It is the cutest skirt, but just a wee bit too short for my liking. I can get away with wearing it at work, but I find myself smoothing it down constantly to make sure it covers enough. So today at Hancock Fabrics, I took advantage of a 50%-off sale on trims and bought some wide lace to attach to the underskirt:
Cute, and adds just that smidgen of length I've been wanting!
NEXT TIME: I have just begun work on the Elinor dress from Brave. Let's see how this goes!



2 comments:
Wow, Jen, the Rapunzel dress is looking great!! :D
Hmm, your sale thread is tempting, too. I've been looking for a doll-sized Apples to Apples game (that didn't cost as much as the AG brand one). ;) I'll have to think about that... ;)
Thanks for sharing with us! :)
Thank you! I got the last of the appliques pinned in place - thankfully, there are enough to finish the dress, with some left over!
Unfortunately, someone swooped in the same night I posted and bought up all the card games. :( I originally bought all the games and toys at Party City - if there's one near you, check in there!
Post a Comment