Monday, April 29, 2013

Yes, I am still alive.

Ugh, I know, I know, it's been ages.

First, I'm beginning to suspect that post-holiday Doll Burnout is an annual thing with me. Too many new shinies at one time = not wanting anything to do with them for a month afterward.

Also, this thing has been ruling my evenings for the past few weeks:



Summer is nearly on us. Convention season is nigh. "Be the chubby cosplayer" is not on my to-do list.



I've lost a few pounds already, but I do not feel like doing anything else at all after I get off that thing. So, no blogging recently.

Sooo, catchup time. While not blogging, I have succeeded in performing three hard-fought installations of Obitsu bodies onto Mulan, Rapunzel, and Howl.



Seriously, I was not joking about the hard-fought bit. My worktable looked like this for a week. Everything was covered in a thin layer of plastic shavings from cutting down Obitsu neck pegs.

Rapunzel and Merida are enjoying the extra interchangable hands I bought:





I also gave in to the lure of Pinterest, and seeing a flood of pretty fanart inspired me to pick up a pencil for the first time in ages.

(The above sentence is hugely embarassing when you consider that I have a degree in art. I was a mediocre art student at best, but still.)

So, a few things:



Regency Belle. This was just a random Regency-esque sketch I had drawn ages ago, and stumbled upon in a sketchbook. Something in her expression reminded me of Belle, so I ran with it.



Some art cards/ACEOs. I really like tiny formats, they force me to be creative in how to capture a character or scene. Not sure which of these is my favorite - it's either Merida or the Swan Lake-inspired one above her.

Lastly, I have started on costumes (see references to Convention Season up top). The Pie has decided that she wants to be Merida this year, so I've started on that. (I am being vain and seeing how much weight I can lose before starting on my costumes!)

Here is the complete underdress (you can see the fabric for the main dress hanging behind):



The overdress is now cut out and ready to be assembled - I just need the energy to do it!

1 comment:

N said...

Yay, you're back!

The drawings are gorgeous, and Merida and Rapunzel look so cute with the new hands! I can't wait to see the finished costumes.