Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Photo Dump

Just a quick update and photo dump this week! I've been busy trying to plan out all the doll and sewing things I need to get done this year, and then plan out how to spread out the supply expenses over several months!



A Subtle Reminder

Robin gave me a not-so-subtle reminder that badge registration for GenCon opened last Sunday. The husband and I had a few weeks of woe where we thought Pieface's school schedule would conflict with the con (boy howdy, my child starts kindergarten this year, such things are not allowed), but the calendar worked out. And now we are all stoked - him, me, and Robin.

But I have so much sewing to do before then! I need costumes! Robin needs costumes!


Rhinoplasty for Beginners

I spent a good amount of time on Thursday doing something I would never have dreamed of five years ago - performing minor nose surgery on a doll. (Okay, I was just sanding down the worst bits of Rapunzel's dented nose, but still.)


Little Details
Speaking of noses, I also gave Rapunzel her freckles, and darkened her eyebrows just a bit. I cannot wait until her eyechips get here!

Finery in Progress

I also finished the third part - the silver brocade waistcoat - of Howl's blue-and-silver suit. Can I just take a moment to bask in the squeeful feeling of seeing an outfit I dreamed up almost seven years ago become a physical object? Howl seems pretty chuffed, too.

Now on to his jacket, which will be the crowning glory (if I can make it to match my imagination!).

Hoping that my next update will be some big steps forward!

Edited to add: The Saga of Marie-Grace has reached it's conclusion. I decided, after a month of keeping her in her box (and, quite frankly, forgetting she existed half the time), to sell her. One of my friends from the AG>18 community expressed an interest, and was quite happy to get her at the sale price. So I passed on a good deal to a friend, cleared up some space in the Dollcave, and started my "AG Place Columbus" fund. :D

No comments: