Well, Hobbycave, really, as I share the room with the computer and other stuff. But one big ol' corner is all mine!

The New Dollcave in all its glory. Yes, the walls are orange.
The AG Section: Team Modern:

I ended up packing away the IKEA bed I got last Christmas. It's cute, but so huge - with it gone, I could open up the wardrobe and keep Robin's desk in the Team Modern section.
Lucy's desk:


The goldfish from Saturday Crafternoon Adventures did not survive the moving process (his gel water de-gelled in the June heat), and he has been replaced by Mr. Nibbles, Lucy's pet mouse.
Mr Nibbles is a Safari Ltd Good Luck Minis white mouse (follow that link for a place where you can see the whole line and purchase). He was 50 cents at the Good Zoo gift shop at Oglebay Resort, WV.
His cage is a 99-cent plastic container from Michael's. His water bottle is one of these glass dollhouse jars from Hobby Lobby. His cedar chips are shavings from my pencil sharpener!

The bookcase between the desks, complete with toys, books, and Lucy's art stuff.

Robin's desk, complete with Terry Pratchett book, Dalek poster, and homemade, out-of-scale iPhone.
Team Historical:

Team Historical sits atop an old bookcase full of art/craft supplies.

Felicity, looking lovely in her summer gown, with her Windsor chair and accessories.

I finally found a suitable jacquard ribbon to serve as her sash, thanks to trimgoddess on Etsy.

The Walker sisters, Addy and Addy, enjoy pie on their brand-spanking-new table and chair set from The Queen's Treasures.
I bought this set from their Factory Seconds selection (just look under "Going, Going, Gone"). If it hadn't had FACTORY SECOND slathered all over the web page, I'd have never known - the nicks and imperfections are minimal. Best part? $29.99 instead of $69.99, and free shipping to boot!
Moving up in the world, the Small Doll Section:

The best thing about home ownership is having my very own, non-coin-operated laundry machines. The second-best is being able to put up shelves without risking your deposit.

Left side: Russian nesting dolls from a friend, Colette, Penny, and the Lagoona twins.

Right side - Penny and the Lagoona twins are joined by Pullip Rapunzel and my Treasured Childhood Ariel.
So, that's the new Dollcave! It's already been de-organized by a new sewing project - hopefully I'll check back in soon with a summer dress for The Addys!
2 comments:
Wow, Jen! Your Dollcave looks awesome! It's a bit of a coincidence that you posted this because I just finished re-organizing MY Dollcave! I really like your "modern girls" room; it looks like it took a lot of work! :D
~Miranda
Love it! :) They all look very happy in their new home. :)
P.S. Your artwork is amazing! :D (Maggie was very happy to see the picture of Hiccup and Toothless...How To Train Your Dragon is her favorite movie.) :)
Post a Comment