One of my best-loved pieces of AG furniture, as a kid, was Felicity's Windsor writing chair. I loved her entire school collection, really! I was lucky enough to find her Tea Lesson set (the blue PC set, not the ghastly pink tea set AG was selling at Lissie's retirement) in time for Christmas, and I wanted something to display it on.
So off to eBay I went, with New Job Doll Budget in mind. Amidst all the $90-150 BIN listings, I won this lovely chair for $50+ship.


Lissie tries out her new shiny.

Out comes the tea lesson!

Lissie's early collection is so lovely. It really is a pity they traded in a lot of her lovely jewel-toned items for pastel silliness.
When I went to open the drawer under the chair to see what it could hold, I got the best surprise...

Her inkwell and pen!


Still in original packaging, I think. Though look at how tiny and silly that quill pen looks!

Felicity much prefers her actual-bird quill pen. (This was the advantage of living near a lady with lots of bird feeders...quill pens aplenty!)

Her homemade school supplies.

And the Team Historical display up on my dresser. The Addy Contingent, while they admire Felicity's chair, are distinctly put out that they are the only era lacking furniture!
Next up...How AG's Crazy-Long Backorders Can Backfire, followed by Project Rapunzel 2.0, or Why I Love and Hate the Disney Store!
1 comment:
Oh my! I LOVE her chair! To be honest, I wasn't even awre that this chair had existed until now... :( But, it's just so lovely! And even though the quill pen came with it, I really like Felicity's new/real one. ;)
~Miranda
Post a Comment