Oddly enough, the latest two additions to the Casa Nachos doll collection are directly related to those events.

First...well. Forgive me any incoherence, this is...not an easy entry to write.
Some of you may have noticed, in my last post, that there was something off in my pictures of Addy. Namely, that there was another Addy hiding around back there.
At the beginning of September, my younger sister was in a serious car accident. She died on Labor Day.
Not a week later, I found out that I had been chosen for a new job opening, a job that would more than double my income.
My sister had an Addy doll, that she had received on the same Christmas where I got Felicity. Jess' Addy has made appearances here and there on this blog; since getting back into AG, I made a point of taking Addy down and giving her a cleaning every time I visited my parents. They decided I should keep her.
I don't often get a really strong emotional vibe from dolls. They all have characters, but it's a rare thing when one of them gives off a feeling that I hadn't predetermined. When I brought Jess' Addy home, that poor thing seemed so scared and lost. I meant to change her clothes and freshen her up, but she seemed so lost and in shock, I couldn't bring myself to traumatize her any more, and kept her as she was for a solid month.


She's pretty much latched onto my Addy, who seems to act as big sister to her (despite the fact that Jess' Addy is almost certainly older). Now that I've typed that, I realise how weird and slightly unhealthy that sounds, but having Addy 2 around has been helpful. If nothing else, she's something to hug when it's too quiet around the apartment and I remember too much. She's sitting on my lap as I type this.
And...well, I was going to talk about my new Pullip, up in that first picture, but I'm not really in a mood to give her the squee post she deserves. Suffice to say that she's the first high-end doll that I've bought brand-new, never owned by anyone else, and it was my new job that made it possible. I'll leave the detailed squee for the next entry.
Thanks for reading. And cherish your loved ones. Even the ones who are stubborn, judgmental, and hold grudges with Olympic-grade strength. Even the ones who joined forces with your older brother and ganged up on you. Even the ones who listened to terrible music at loud volumes and watched terrible movies over and over and over and made fun of your clothes. Even the ones who called you just as you were about to go to bed and begged you to proofread their class paper. Much as they might annoy you, it's so much worse when they don't.
2 comments:
Jan, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this post with us. I know it must have been difficult to share something so personal. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm sorry for you, Jen. At least you have a job that doubled your income... :)
Oh, and I didn't know you were into Pullips! I LOVE Kaela, and she's on my list of ones I want. :D I have Akoya, Arashi, and the limited edition Steampunk Ra Muw Dal(that I renamed Rebbecca)
Yeah, I get off track... XD
~Miranda
Post a Comment