First things first, AG>18 is having its annual Secret Snarkster gift exchange. The incomparable Bean J. Bunny sent the girls a boxload of cool swag - and I made a Very Lame Photostory out of the event. You can see it here at Picasa.
Then, I ordered Lanie's laptop and the Cozy Plaid outfit (sans boots) from an AGPT member, and Lucy was all over that. The capelet was promptly relegated to the closet, but the shirt and skirt are great basic pieces (and match the Photographer clogs!). Lanie's laptop is cute (and I am stoked that I managed to get it without buying the entire accessory set) - but if it's closed and you don't know what it is, it looks like a cute blue makeup compact. So, of course I dug into my makeup box...

LAN party! Robin's laptop is a lipgloss set from Target, oh yeah. And I love how the girls have taken the wardrobe and made it into a makeshift hangout room.
Next up, I was at Target on Friday evening, and they had a shelf of Liv dolls at 75% off. So I got It's My Nature Daniela for $4.50. FOUR-FIFTY.

Daniela was always my least favorite of the Liv line, but she had such a bitchin' outfit and accessories, I had to get her. THE GUITAR, people!

Obligatory bald shot. She's really starting to grow on me. In fact, if I can arrange an eyeswap between Katie and Daniela (yes, it's possible), she might just be my main Liv. She needs a new name, though.
Lastly, my very first Asian doll! An AGPT member posted that Hestia and J-Doll dolls were spotted at their Tuesday Morning, so I stopped in my local store to have a look, and walked out with her:

She's a J-Doll "Joseph Splatz", now named Colette. I'm very fond of her face and hair (pink hair is a weakness of mine, seriously), but her body and clothes? Not so much:

She's got these huge shoulders and thighs, and her outfit just accentuates them. A longer skirt and sleeves would do wonders. Her accessories were also way outsized - the studded choker and belt Daniela is sporting are actually Colette's. She's also not terribly great at posing - I'm fairly sure my Livs are more articulated, especially in the wrists. With the right clothes, though, I think she'll be really pretty.
So yeah. Lots of new stuff. And - wait, what's this?

Crap, the manager's office is closed until Monday. Curse you, fate!
2 comments:
My friend just linked me to this blog, recommending it. I love it!! Love the geekery, love the dolls!
And I TOTALLY have that same OG doll closet. (Mine's about to go asplodey from all the crap in it!!)
PS-I deleted my first comment because of a typo >_< Didn't want to litter your comments with an extra post lol
Post a Comment