Casa Nachos is still recovering from festivities, so this is one late post. It's New Year's, though, that's technically still part of the holiday season!
Anyway, the dolls of Casa Nachos got some pretty good swag, and they want to show it off:

Lucy is showing off most of the goods here: her Chocolate Glasses, Photographer's Outfit...and the Our Generation Wardrobe from Target.
(The OG wardrobe was a bit of a mistake, actually. My brother-in-law bought it from my Amazon wish list...thinking it was there for my daughter. The perils of having both a child and childish hobbies!)

The wardrobe is very, very nice. Plenty of room for all the modern girls' stuff (Felicity's stuff will stay in the trunk perched on top), with space left over. I do wish it had come with hangers, but I had a few on hand.
As for the Photographer's Outfit, it's a mixed bag. The pants and clogs are beyond cute, but the jacket is tight, and only looks good if you put a shirt or camisole underneath. The beret is a bit small and takes some adjusting before it'll look cute.

Reclining on the little stool and dreaming up some art...
The Photographer's Outfit was originally intended for Robin, but she just didn't look right in it. (If she had a voice, she probably would have been saying something along the lines of "This is tight and silly-looking and what the hell is that wretched hat, I look like an 18-inch Che Guevara, GET IT OFF.")
I felt bad that she didn't get any AG swag (aside from the shared wardrobe), but then she found this GIR keychain that I had left at my parents' place, and promptly laid claim to it:

She seems to be amassing a collection of wee plushies. It really is amusing, given her usual tough-girl attitude.

I also finished a new A-line skirt and a cami with matching trim, so Robin got new threads too.

Overall, they seem pretty pleased!
As for Katie, she got a friend in Sophie:

Sophie belongs to my daughter, in hopes that Katie will no longer be found naked and contorted under The Kid's bed.

Sophie promptly tried on all the wigs in the house. (She looks better in them than Katie, who resolutely remains pixie-cut.)

Sophie also looks cute without a wig, but the unnatural yellow color is a bit off-putting.

She also came with a pair of glasses...

...Which Katie promptly claimed. (Getting the glasses was the main reason I picked Sophie.)
I also did some non-doll crafting! This is my daughter's coat:

She has a hat and mittens:

But no scarf. But a piece of remnant fleece, some embroidery floss, and a free evening solved that:

A close-up of the wonky stars:

And the whole ensemble:

It was a good Christmas. Plus, I just ordered the Cozy Plaid outfit and Lanie's laptop from an AGPT member, and I have the AG>18 swap yet, so more good things coming! I hope everyone else has had a good holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment