First up, a dressy skirt for Lucy:

I'm using BeanBunny's Circle Skirt instructions and two pieces found in the remnant bin - a pretty periwinkle satiny fabric, with an overlay of ivory lace.

The wet, freshly pressed waistband is drying before I attach it.

A closer look at the two layers.
And, posted mostly as an online to-do list, what I hope to get done in the near future:

I've been promising Evangeline a lab coat for ages (apparently she's an aspiring genetic engineer), so I have plain white cotton blend and the pattern for Molly's pajama top, which looks like it will adapt well to becoming a lab coat.

After that, Felicity's wanting something new - and will get her school Laced Jacket and Petticoat.

Okay, two for Lissie - I've wanted her birthday dress and pinner apron, and this pink caught my eye. I'm not sure what pattern to use for this - I might splurge and get this All Time Fashions pattern, as it looks the closest to the design of the original dress.

This one's been on the back burner for a while - Felicity's not-exactly-Cardinal Cloak (made with this Butterick pattern). I'm thinking of using this pretty navy satin as a lining. It's been 90+ degrees here; the idea of sewing a thick winter cloak is near-unbearable!

Lastly, this black pinstripe will make some awesome dress pants for Eva. Maybe part of her holiday outfit?
The best part of all this future stuff? All of it, aside from the print calico for Felicity's school jacket, came from remnant bins. Sewing for dolls has definite advantages! (Also, I love rooting through remnant - it's like treasure hunting!)
I also have a ton of vague plans for other pieces - jeans for my modern girls, geeky science t-shirts for Eva, and a school bag and supplies for Lucy - plus getting their characters sorted out and written down at some point. Lots to do - hopefully it will keep me from being envious of everyone at the MCM sale tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment