Monday, April 26, 2010

Pants for Eva

So, after bringing Eva home, I immediately thought, "Girl, your jumper is cute, but you need some pants."

Once more, my scrounging paid off, yielding a leg from an old pair of khaki-colored work pants:



I used McCall's 3900 for the pattern, simply extending my traced lines 2-3 inches to accommodate Eva's 21" frame. Eva's also quite a bit slimmer than an AG, so I did a lot of hand-basting of seams to ensure a proper fit.



The finished product. The pants have a flat front with waistband, elastic in the back, and a wee bit of decorative stitching to simulate fly and pockets. (I didn't have a good contrasting color of thread at the time, though given my wobbly seams, it's probably best that the decoration is mostly unseen!)

(Also, why is Eva wearing a key around her neck? She's going to be a time-travelling doll, and everyone knows you can't go time-travelling without a TARDIS key!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a good job on the pants .. they turned out really cute specially for not sewing all the time. My 'straight' stitches always look like waves .. LOL!!

Ta Ta,
Kelsyee