Oh, and I have a cold.
So you can see where editing photos and writing up posts hasn't really been happening, yes?
Anyway, this weekend, I actually touched my AG dolls for the first time in ages (aside from moving them out of the way whenever necessary for costuming). Back-to-school time is on my mind - for the first time in eight years, I actually have to pay attention to academic happenings! - so I got everyone changed into their "first day" outfits and allocated their gear:

I am severely lacking in backpacks/bags for my girls.
Merrill is wearing the True Style outfit (the only complete outfit on one doll in the group!), and has Kit's school bag and a test tube from the Science Lab set.
Sunny is wearing the t-shirt from Lanie's Nature Outfit, the jacket from the Coconut's Best Friend Outfit, the pants and shoes from the new Striped Hoodie outfit, and a bandanna from a craft swap. Her backpack is a keychain from a trade show, with a Party City notebook, the textbook from the Science Lab set, and a mini pen I got as a sample from a promo-products salesman.
Nasrin is wearing the Pretty & Plaid dress over the shirt from the Singing Star Outfit and AG Store exclusive jeans. Her shoes are old-school AGOT - the first Cheerleading Outfit, maybe? - and her hijab is homemade. She is posing with the AG violin.
Lucy wears the t-shirt, wristwarmers, and shoes from the Fresh & Fun Outfit. (I got this from a personal shopper at the MCM sale - when you take out the ugly skirt, the other pieces are cute!) Her undershirt is from the Pretty & Plaid Outfit, and her jeans and bag are homemade. She holds some mini pencils and markers, and her illustration board is from a set of artist trading cards.
Robin wears the shirt and hair ties from the Striped Hoodie Outfit, the skirt from the Cozy Plaid Outfit, leggings from the Star Hoodie outfit, and off-brand boots. Her hat came from a craft swap, her necklace and Gen Con badge lanyard are homemade, and she poses with a Party City notebook and a Dungeons & Dragons dice bag-turned-sports duffle.
Can you tell I really love mixing and matching AG clothes? I'm pretty dang pleased with Sunny, Nasrin, and Lucy's garb - I have lots of tried-and-true combinations, but I love it when I throw together new outfits and it all works!
Hopefully, my next post will involve Gen Con photos and recap!
2 comments:
Your dolls look great! I couldn't help but notice, though, that you changed Nadira's name to Nasrin. They're both great names, I'm just curious as to the reason for the name switch.
N,
The name switch came about as I did more research for Nasrin's backstory - I changed her background to Bengali, and gave her a more culturally common name than the straight-up-Arabic Nadira. Needless to say, having her around has been a learning experience!
Post a Comment