With that, you lot get a costume update instead, because there are only 20 - 20! - days to go!
Behold, the Elinor dress:
I am very close to finishing the dress! I am done machine-sewing - everything from here on out is hand-finishing. Right now, I am working on attaching the velvet front skirt panel.
Some shots of the Saga of the Sleeves:
The velvet undersleeves, which I didn't even realize existed until I had already started the main dress. Good thing I saw a screencap of Elinor's arms that showed these!
Attaching the lower sleeves to the upper sleeves. If you count linings separately, there were 14 sleeve pieces on this dress - 6 lower sleeves, 4 upper sleeves, and 4 gussets.
After the sleeves were fully assembled.
This dress has been...interesting to work with. It's no heavier than my Rapunzel dress, but it's all one piece, and those sleeves are crazy huge. This is what happens when I have to iron it on my tiny tabletop ironing board:
I also got my Elinor wig!
(Man, I look so weird without my glasses.)
This wig is a Leia in Dark Brown from Arda Wigs, a pretty well-respected cosplay wig shop. I'm pretty happy with it thus far - it's just a touch too small, but nothing I can't work with.
...Then I just decided to have fun while I had my hair up in a wig cap. This cheap Halloween Express wig is what happened when I just omghadto dress up as my homegirl Nymphadora Tonks for a Harry Potter book release party several years ago!
That's life in the Dollcave right now. Hopefully tomorrow I can update with my Easton trip story and some AG product reviews!








No comments:
Post a Comment