Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, New Doll Project

Hello, and happy New Year!

I hope everyone in blogland has had a good 2013 thus far. I'm just popping in to showcase my new doll project!

2012 was a very nice year, in that I had much more disposable income and could afford more doll stuff, and my collection grew accordingly. Now, though, I'm at a point where I'm sitting back and saying "holy socks, that's a LOT of stuff, am I really appreciating this or am I getting caught up in the Next New Shiny?"

So, in an effort to enjoy my collection and not constantly be chasing the Next New Shiny, I decided to take one photo a day of my doll stuff for all of 2013. One doll, a pair, a group, portraits, slice-of-life shots, whatever.

I'm collecting all the photos as a Flickr set here: Doll-A-Day 2013

Thus far I'm having fun with it, coming up with ideas of what to feature each day. Hopefully this feeling continues!

Behind the jump, a few photos from the set so far...



Recital

All Yer Dolls, January 2013

Almost-Forgotten Dolls: Colette

Keep checking back for more, and have a great 2013!

2 comments:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Great idea, Jen. Love the pics! :)

Jen said...

Awww, thank you! I'm having so much fun with it - it's actually hard to only post one per night!