Have I really not posted anything since JULY?!? I have such a huge backlog, it's not even funny.
So I'm going to cheat a little bit, and repost something I did elsewhere. The AG>18 group had a "Cribs Week", where members showed off their doll spaces, so I gave a "tour" of the Dollcave.
This will also help me organize my list of things that need their own proper entries...
The actual dolls only inhabit a corner of the Cave. (Thing That Needs its Own Proper Entry #1: See my new sewing machine? I LOVE Craiglist, you guys.)

Team Modern lives on my worktable. I think I may have accidentally recreated a Babysitter's Club book cover with this picture.

Lucy shows off her desk.

Her stuff: pet mouse, Mr. Nibbles, the TARDIS, fully-functional clock, and Brunette!Rapunzel.

Robin has a desk too!

Discworld book, laptop, and souvenirs from when she accompanied me to GenCon (Thing #2: GENCON! Robin was much admired - someone even asked to take a photo of her! - and she got to meet lots of cosplayers. I have a picture of DARTH VADER holding my doll, guys.).
Also, relics of her burgeoning caffeine addiction.

In their universe, Robs and Lucy live next door to each other. Given the limits of space, I use a bookcase to separate their "rooms".
Felicity has her space on top of Team Modern's wardrobe. (Team Historical once had a shelf of their own. It was a very rickety bookcase from college, and it fell apart when I tried to move it to make room for the new sewing machine. )

Lissie's Windsor desk and tea set.

The Walker sisters have been relegated to the Small Doll Shelf, since the collapse of Team Historical's home.

They have a pretty awesome table.

Rapunzel knows this is technically "AG Cribs", but would like to show off her home anyway. (Thing #3: Rapunzel! I know I've been teasing images here and there, but she is done and beautiful and needs her own entry.)

The furniture was made by my grandmother as a Christmas present when I was a kid.


...and this was the point where I got tired of having to replace Rapunzel's blond wig (which falls off all the time) and switched to brown.


The Small Doll Shelf, as it normally looks. Holds my Monster High dolls (the Lagoona twins and Robecca), Penny (Pullip Kaela), the Addys, my Disney Store Belle and Rapunzel, and Pullip Rapunzel. Tucked in the corner behind the MH dolls are my childhood Ariel, Colette (J-Doll), and a set of nesting dolls a friend brought me from Russia.
So that is the latest overview from the Dollcave...which is about to explode, thanks to Christmas and AG's Super Crazy Today Show sale of Cecile and Marie-Grace. Did I order some dolls? WHY YES I DID.
I also have had a lot of caffeine today. See you soon!
2 comments:
I love seeing all of your dolls and how cozily they're displayed. :) Thanks for sharing with all of us!
Wow, and I never realized how great Rapunzel looked in Belle's green dress. Hmmm...maybe I should see if Belle wants to share with her friend. ;)
So glad you got a chance to order Cecile and Marie-Grace, by the way. I'll have to be content with enjoying my mom's order. ;)
Thank you! I sometimes think the dolls are just an excuse to have the cute wee furniture and accessories. :D
That green dress looks so good with Rapunzel's eyes! I'm not really in love with any of Rapunzel's dresses in her accessory pack, so this is a nice compromise.
Cecile (now Nadira) and M-G are here! I have photos taken, I just need to sit down and write out my post!
Post a Comment