Saturday, October 29, 2011

Clearing the Backlog: Sculpey Food Fun

Okay, I'm pretty sure this is the last of the backlog!

After I found that awesome little cookware set from my last entry, I had to make some Sculpey food for the girls. I'm not terribly good at making fake food (at least, not realistic-looking fake food like I see on AGPT or Etsy), but it's a nice way to make some doll stuff during those times I just can't stand to look at my sewing machine. :D




Three meals for three dolls.






For Lucy, a pork loin roast with mashed potatoes and green beans. The mashed potatoes are seriously goofy-looking; I just couldn't get the perfect texture. I'm pretty happy with the green beans, though!



Robin has a burger and fries. The fries were made with a clay extruder I got with a 50% off coupon at JoAnne's.



I realized I didn't have any meatless main dishes for vegetarian Sunny, so I made some spaghetti with mushroom-marinara sauce. The noodles are another clay extruder project!

(Here's a hint, if anyone's thinking of getting a clay extruder: Spend slightly more money and get the one with a screw-top handle rather than the ones you just push. Trust me, your hands will thank you!)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Oh my goodness! I NEED to make some clay food for my dolls now!!! :D All I made for them was two bunches of grapes, but I SUPPOSE I could get to work...

~Miranda