Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Home, New Stuff!

Now that we're settling into our new apartment, the girls are settling into their new home:



And as soon as we unpacked boxes, new doll stuff started arriving!



AG>18 held its annual Pay it Forward swap, and I took part for the first time. Here are the things I gave out:



A pair of lace-trimmed pantaloons, requested for a member's Addy.



My Addy tries them on.



And models them under her meet dress.



I also offered up the capelet from the Cozy Plaid outfit.

In return, I got:



A Jayne Cobb hat for Robin, which promptly took over as Robin's Favorite Hat Ever. (For those not up on their sci-fi pop culture, the Jayne hat is from the TV show Firefly - here's a look at the original, on Adam Baldwin as Jayne.)



Lucy got this adorable art apron (with bonus matching bandanna).



I seriously had a :3 face when I saw the bandanna - I've been meaning to make/acquire a bandanna for the girls, and never got around to it. My swapper clearly read my mind!

I also got a little extra windfall from a Craigslist sale, so I bought a few things:



First up was Addy's blue School Suit. The good? The jacket and skirt are lovely, and I got them for a very reasonable price. The bad? They're post-Mattel, and skintight on my PM Addy.



I made the blouse myself, from the Pleasant Company patterns.



Lucy got the pink tartan Chucks she's been wanting for ages...



And the denim jacket from the Coconut's Best Friend outfit, which is a cute, versatile jacket. Very nice detail, and no silly embellishments to hinder its mix-and-match abilities.



And now we are getting ready to take an overnight trip to see my husband's family for Memorial Day! Robs and Lucy are tagging along, and I hope I can get some cute pictures.

Happy Weekend, all!

2 comments:

Caelen said...

Nice pictures

Anonymous said...

All the girls look adorable in their new clothes!! Hope you're enjoying your new apartment.