Sunday, April 3, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

So, uh, it's been a while, and things have happened.

First, a farewell: my Karito Kid, Eva, has gone to a new home! She's a lovely doll and I loved the character I gave her, but she was hard to sew for and I wanted to narrow my collection a bit. She's now with beast'sbelle over at Never Grow Up, and seems to have found a happy home there!

Second, some squee: The weekend before Ash Wednesday, I was browsing eBay before giving up doll spending for Lent...and sniped three auctions in two days.





Robin has the Purple Jumper outfit I squeed about a few entries back ($22.50, complete). Lucy has the School Jumper outfit ($10.50, complete). Addy finally has her meet dress ($9.50, dress only), and Felicity rounds out her core dress collection with her Summer Gown ($10, dress only, a bit TLC).

That's four outfits - three retired, two complete, and one TLC, for $52.50 + ship. Not a bad way to stave off mid-Lent new-doll-stuff cravings!

Third, some sewing:



Addy finally has a dress that isn't pink! I made this from her Christmas dress pattern, modified a bit to give it long sleeves with cuffs and a faux underskirt. I'm calling this Addy's Monet dress...like a Monet painting, it's lovely from a distance and a total mess up close! I made so many mistakes making this thing, but I loved loved loved the color scheme too much to give up on it. I'm glad it turned out tolerably pretty overall.
(And yes, Addy's wearing the Doc Martens from the School Jumper outfit, as she still has no proper boots of her own.)

And here's the t-shirt I was moaning about in my last post:



It turned out more of an oversized, boatneck tunic top. It's pretty cute paired with the Cozy Plaid skirt.

Fourth, some crafty crap: I got it in my head today to do some Sculpey food, so here's a lunch:



Turkey sandwich with lettuce and red onion, baby carrots, and a chocolate bar.

The Kid thought my clay work was the coolest thing ever, so I made her some treats for Doll and Boy:



The lollipop was a last-minute idea, since I had a ton of "frosting" left over from the cupcakes.

And now, I have some swap sewing waiting for me!

1 comment:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Jen! Congrats on your fun eBay finds!! :) Your sewing projects turned out great (the shirt looked just fine to me, even though it gave you fits). :)

I love your Sculpey food, too! Those cupcakes and the lollipop look good enough to eat! :)

Eva/Pita/? is settling in well at my mom's (good thing, too, because it looks like she might have an extended stay there...I kinda splurged on some Easter chocolate this week). :} I'm still deciding on her new name. My mom is enjoying "babysitting", or would that be "dollsitting"? Either way, Eva is very happy in her new home, but she wanted me to say "hi" to you and the "girls" (Robin, Lucy, Addy and Felicity). ;)