Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lots of Small Doll Stuff

So I had a load of shops to visit today (trying to finish Halloween and start Christmas, yikes), but I happened to find something for my dolls at each place!



Goodwill yielded this pretty silvery tray:



It's a bit on the big side, but it will look nice if I ever get around to getting Lissie a tea set. Also, it cost $1, and made up for not finding any jeans for my husband.

Target had these cute lipgloss soda bottles in their dollar bins:



I'll probably have to glue the lid down, as The Kid discovered how to get it off, and I only narrowly averted a lipgloss-on-doll fiasco.

People on AGPT have been taking about pie-shaped candles at Michaels, and I finally found a couple in the dollar bin:



They're supposed to be pecan and apple, but the "pecans" look a bit disturbing. Maybe it's a blackberry pie instead.

And, with a 40% coupon, I couldn't resist a splurge at Borders - Mini-Rebecca!



Mini-Becks will probably spend most of her time on my desk at work.

And this isn't really a merchandise squee, but I finally managed to sew a T-shirt that doesn't look (and fit) terrible!



Made entirely from the sleeves of an old knit shirt which finally succumbed to Desk Job Elbow. I want to sew some more and start experimenting with transfer paper - clever Internet t-shirts await!

So, lots of small things added up to a good day in the world of dolls. :D

1 comment:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

How fun! :) Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to check my Target and Michaels now. Just wish there was a Goodwill here. We have Salvation Army, which can still have good doll stuff, but I like Goodwill a lot better! :}