Anyway, following up on my squee and rawr from last post...

Look at those lovely, shiny tresses. Her ends are still a bit frizzed, but overall? HUGE improvement.

I ended up giving up on the pleats for Felicity's round-eared cap, and did a gathered ruffle instead.

Felicity models the almost-finished version...

And the ribbon added to match the outfit. Instead of attaching the ribbon to the cap, I decided to flout historical accuracy and a) put Lissie's hair in a bun under the cap for extra protection, and b) tie the ribbon under the bun. I want to, at some point, build a few slim loops into the cap (with embroidery floss or the like) so I can switch out ribbons like switching out a belt. That way, Lissie's dress and cap can always coordinate.
For someone who usually wears jeans, layered tees, and beat-up sneakers, I have a weird fastidiousness about dressing my dolls!
No comments:
Post a Comment