Saturday, January 30, 2010

An Introduction and Ramblings Down Memory Lane

Greetings, curious passerby! I'm Jen, and this is where I'll be blathering on about dolls, sewing and crafting for my doll(s), and other relevant things. I'll be mostly focusing on American Girl and other 18-inch dolls of that kind, because those are my favorites, but other dolls might crop up from time to time.

Yes, I'm aware that I'm 27 and like dolls and their stuff. Yes, I'm aware this makes me the nerdiest nerd who ever nerded down Nerd Street. Most of my formative years were spent lusting over every item in the Pleasant Company catalog, and it seems I haven't quite grown out of that. As a kid, I tried so hard, over and over, to save up the $82 a Felicity doll cost back then (and that seemed like a fortune to my 8-year-old self). I tried to content myself with the Felicity paper doll, or by dressing one of my Little Mermaid dolls in a long gown and pretending. Needless to say, when I finally did get my very own Felicity, I treated it like it was made of blown glass.

17 years later, I brought Felicity out of storage, and discovered that the childhood love of all things miniature was alive and well. And now, so I don't drive my family and friends crazy, I've created this place as a repository for my endless blather and squee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say that if you are a nerdy nerd then Mama must be a double nerdy nerd .. LOL!! Mama always said that Grandee was 92 and Mama and her still played so Mama never has to grow up out of dolls .. LOL!!

That is sooooo kewl that you have the Felicity you got and now still love and enjoy us kids .. Mama says we make the bestest friends too.

Have a great day,
Ta Ta,
Kelsyee

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hey, glad to see there's another "older" doll lover and "nerd" out there. I'll be 29 this month and I have a pretty crazy doll collection. I thought it was interesting that my favorite doll was always Felicity, too. I got her around Christmas time last year just because I could finally afford her! :) (Mine is a Pre-Mattel like yours) I've enjoyed reading through your posts. :)